One note = one vote. Like or reblog to vote for your state! Go Washington! http://thefaultinourstarsmovie.com/demandourstars
so i’m in one of those moments where everything is due and things are busy and my thoughts are moving faster than i physically can organize them. i’m stressed and anxious and have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that the end will be terrible but for whatever beautiful reason i also have this overwhelming loving thought coming from who knows where in my brain saying “kristen, life is beautiful and these things are good, don’t stress in a negative way but in a positive one, everything will be ok, you have things to work with which is better than not having any things at all”
i’m becoming an optimist. next thing you know i’ll have faith in humanity.
Oh man oh man! I’m in two classes that are talking about racial inequality and I’ve been thinking a lot and reading a lot about the problem of language. This is a classic example! So I’ve been thinking and reading this article that talks about how much white people are trying to convince ourselves that we aren’t racist. Which ends up flattening racism to an individual conscious act instead of the larger problem of racism as institutionalized as well. So then we basically says it doesn’t exist even though we all know there is institutionalized racial inequality. So by this writers logic, I, as a white person, should start accepting and admitting that I’m racist because it is inherently institutionalized and I am someone who gains privileges because I am white and then figure out what to do about it. *brain blown* Revolutionary ideas are turning my world upside down.
I’ve decided that February 1st is the real beginning to the new year. You need January so that you can have irrational goals and then fail miserably and then by February you can kind of ascertain what is feasible. Not to mention you can jump on the bandwagon of having goals and being a real human being for those of you who didn’t overshoot and have tons of goals on January 1st and instead undershot and decided to have none.
So welcome to the new year! It’s important to remember the little things and since my life in general is always up in the air my biggest goal is to go grocery shopping at least once a week. That may sound ridiculous but grocery shopping is important. When you go grocery shopping, especially by yourself you have time to think about the future. Time to think about what you’re going to eat in the future, but I firmly believe that directly correlates to what will happen in your life that week. For example, among the boxes of chocolate and chocolate chips I normally ask myself: “Will I want to cry this week? If yes, will it be because of school stress or personal stress? If personal stress then get chocolate, if school stress, find the dominos coupons, you’re going to want pizza.” This leads me to thinking about exams or papers coming up, meetings, difficult conversations I need to have that week. Predicting how these things are going to make me feel, thus, preparing me for the week ahead and whatever roller coaster it may be.
So here’s to the new year. *raises cup of tea*
I always seem to be chasing my own tail. I either have nothing going on in my life or everything is going on at once and it’s a jumbled web of thoughts and people that connect with each other that just takes way too long to untangle so I settle. I settle for something that isn’t as beautiful, isn’t as ideal, because it takes too much time to do things right and even when you do take the time to do things right its rarely noticed by others.
I feel as though I look back on the past month and say, I’ve been really fucking busy. But I don’t know exactly what I was busy with besides the usual response of “school” which is incredibly unsatisfying. I wish that in my head there were project boards that were automatically updated that could easily and nicely connect project to project and say where everything is at with each project with little to no work from me.
Lately I’ve had a jumble of ideas and projects floating through my head and the steps to see them actualized seem impossible for me to do so then it becomes a matter of collaboration and trying to get someone passionate is more difficult than learning what they do and doing it yourself.
This is how I’ve come to the conclusion of: I need a personal assistant. Everyone needs personal assistants, personal assistants need personal assistants. If only I was a millionaire and could rationally tell myself with out a crooked smile that I actually needed one.
sorry this is incoherent.
On her radio show recently, Dr. Laura Schlesinger said that, as an observant
Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus
18:22,and cannot be condoned under any circumstances!
The following response is an open letter to Dr. Laura, written by a U.S.man,
and posted on…
10 Must-See Photographs from the 1940s
- A mother is photographed while hiding her face in shame after putting up a sign announcing that she is putting her own four children up for sale in Chicago, Illinois in 1948.
- A sign posted to remind soldiers to take Atabrine, an anti-malaria drug, while stationed in Papua, New Guinea during World War II.
- A young man sits and reads a book in the ruins of a London bookstore after the air strikes in 1940.
- A young woman sprays her arm with self-tanning spray from a suntan vending machine in 1949.
- Hitler’s officers and cadets smile for a photograph while they are seated for Christmas dinner in 1941.
- A sorrowful suicide — 23 year old Evelyn McHale is photographed after jumping from the 83rd floor of the Empire State Building and landing on a United Nations limousine in 1947.
- An Austrian boy displays glee after receiving a new pair of shoes during World War II.
- A thoughtful soldier in the trenches shares his banana with a goat during the battle on the island of Saipan in the Mariana Islands during World War II in 1944.
- A distraught little girl desperately clutches her doll while sitting in the ruins of her bombed home after the air strikes in London, England in 1940.
- An anti-comic book movement began in 1940 causing many.watchdog groups to promote the burning of comic books claiming that Batman and Robin promoted homosexuality and that children would become confused about the law of physics because of Superman’s ability to fly.